Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone anything on Hendrix' son in Sweden?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,167 Times in 2,232 Posts

Re: anyone anything on Hendrix' son in Sweden?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibratory View Post
    Maybe Ill torrent my newspaper clippings collection. If there's any interest.
    Yes, please. I'm sure that would be much appreciated by many here.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 556 Posts

^You betcha!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,025 Times in 866 Posts

Thanks. Grabbing it now :-)
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAvocado View Post
    Well, he sure looks the part!!!! (Always dug that Beautiful People disc, btw.)

Not a whole lot is known about him, AFAIK. There was a small piece on him in Newsweek, at some point in the 90's.
    And i believe the transvestite story, going as far as claiming he was going to have a gender-change operation, was called off as a hoax. I THINK he commented on that in some interview later, but that's all i know.

Im glad to hear he didnt have that sort of major operation -far better just to be a gay man with what your born with it can be quite complicated.. guess it cant be easy being in the shadow of a such as famous father that you never knew..did his mom marry? You never know maybe he had a step dad who brought him up?

Thanks

When was he born? I understand Eva, of Stockholm, was his mother. That's real sad about Jimi not knowing his own son :/, not his fault, I didn't mean that at all. But how did they find out it was Jimi's afterward if they didn't know in the first place? That's not a retorical question, I actually want to know how and why they found out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Eyes View Post
    When was he born? I understand Eva, of Stockholm, was his mother. That's real sad about Jimi not knowing his own son :/, not his fault, I didn't mean that at all. But how did they find out it was Jimi's afterward if they didn't know in the first place? That's not a retorical question, I actually want to know how and why they found out.

well when a woman and a man go to bed and make love the sperm fertilizes the egg, a fetus forms and a baby is usually the result
    jimi did know from pregnancy and even carried around a picture of little jimi.
    he never answered eva's letters. and was supposed to meet his son in stockholm 70. but it never came to be.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vibratory View Post
    well when a woman and a man go to bed and make love the sperm fertilizes the egg, a fetus forms and a baby is usually the result
    jimi did know from pregnancy and even carried around a picture of little jimi.
    he never answered eva's letters. and was supposed to meet his son in stockholm 70. but it never came to be.

LMAO! I KNOW! Fair enough, didn't know that he knew from pregnancy. I knew about Grona Lund 70, I bet she was real pissed! He obviously had something against or she did something for him to ignore the mother of his son...

Thanks

^
    Regardless of what happened that evening it's too bad.I'm sure she has some regret. That's why you should never go to bed angry at your spouse,lover,GF,BF,etc! You may not get to see tomorrow.

Thanks

Jimi's son has been playing guitar and writing songs since he was 6 years old. He's a better guitar player than his father.

Just kidding. But that's what we wish would have happened though right? I wonder if he's musical at all? Does anyone know? Probably not.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,193 Times in 1,103 Posts

Jimi Hendrix: a legacy challenged

http://www.dhnet.be/cine-tele/musiqu...-conteste.html

The son of Jimi Hendrix, unemployment and ruined, dreams of becoming a woman (22/06/2002)

STOCKHOLM Some true stories are like bad pulp fiction with their improbable succession of misfortunes. Like James Henrik Daniel Sundquist Hendrix recounted in the Daily Mail on Friday. This 32 year old man living in a small apartment in twenty minutes from downtown Stockholm. Unemployed, penniless on his bank account, it grinds black thoughts all day, receiving the visits of his mother, Eva.

A case sadly obvious, apparently. And yet his story is anything but ordinary. In July 1967, Eva falls in love with an eccentric musician sitting opposite her in the tram. They smile, love, spend the summer together. The singer in question is Jimi Hendrix. Every time gig brought him back to Sweden he found Eva. `He sent me his program in advance, she says the Daily Mail. I lived with my parents, who disapproved of this relationship. So we met at the hotel. "On October 5, 1969, she gives him a son, James. He will never see. On September 18, 1970, he died of an overdose in London. Eva is launching a lawsuit and in 1975 the High Court of Sweden acknowledges paternity of Jimi Hendrix.

Jimi's father does not hear it that way. The Swedish trial had no legal force in the U.S., he refused to give him a dollar a fortune estimated at 390 million €. At his death, the stepsister of Jimi who inherits everything. A decision contested by James and another illegitimate child. The case is still pending before the courts.

In his flat full of memorabilia from his dad, James saw very little waiting. Rejected by her family (except his mom) and his school friends (who called him a bastard), it has gradually isolated from the world to live in seclusion at home. Ill at ease, he discovered a new identity. Now James carries dresses, taking estrogen pills and calls himself Nicole. To the chagrin of her mother: `This is very hard to accept for a mother, but I'm starting to understand it better. James says he always felt a woman in a man's body, even if he really understood that some years ago. He was seeing a doctor and he now takes hormones to help change. I think he is considering surgery to completely change gender.

Thanks

Nicole... ...no more... ...maybe some ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johanincr View Post
    anyone have a link to a torrent for that album
    it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 556 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djl9701 View Post
    nicole... ...no more... Balls1 ...maybe some ...
    lol

Thanks

hey...... be mature, stop being homophobic.

Thanks

Last edited by bandit; 01-13-11 at 08:35 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,167 Times in 2,232 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieRadio View Post
    Honest, I read it in the Daily Mail, it must be true;-)

This gives a bit more on his background and financial settlement. It leaves out that during Swedish court procedings it was claimed that Eva had a sexual relationship with Jimi from 1967, her then claiming to be a 25 year old virgin in 1969 seems a bit odd:

http://wallyrus.tripod.com/JimisKids.html

Thanks anyway, any info always welcome:-)
    Last edited by stplsd; 01-14-11 at 04:10 AM.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

Its said by Leon Hendrix and Sharon Lawrence (not reliable) who saw him in court over Jimi's estate..that he does have a lot Jimi's shyness and quiet personality. But he doesnt seem to have inherited the talent but maybe its better not too. -But then Geoff Buckley inherited his Dad's talent and yet never knew his father either. I remember a sad article in mojo..they interviewed Jimi Jnr.. Peter I think he calls himself..they asked what did you think of your Dad..he just said 'I never had one.' but then how reliable i dont know. He is certainly a very private person I think.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Cherusken View Post
    IN 2002:

he looks more like a she 2me

Thanks
    Thanked 4,193 Times in 1,103 Posts

I heard he was planing on a sex change so he can marry Chaz Bono!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 642 Posts

hahahahaha, hey its the 21st century so lets get on with it as long as it doesn't cause a murder